Petition to Stop Support Payment

*Standard Pricing does not include court filing and filing fees, courier service fees, and process server fees (if any).



Best Value tbl


  • Attorney Drafted Document(s)
  • Notary Service
  • Unlimited Revisions
  • Unlimited Support
  • 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed


Best Deal tbl


Everything from Standard Option +

  • Rush Delivery (72-hour turnaround time)
  • Courier Service (if applicable)
  • Court Filing Fee (if applicable)
  • Filing with the Court (if applicable)
  • Notice and/or Service on Opposing Party

A support payment for spousal maintenance (alimony) or child support usually terminates once certain conditions are met. For instance, spousal maintenance obligations may terminate after a period of time elapses, payment of a total amount, death of a party, remarriage of an ex-spouse, etc. For child support, the obligation will typically terminate once the minor child reaches the age of majority. However, there is no guarantee that the support obligation will automatically end once the terminating condition occurs or is met. Accordingly, it is the responsibility of the party owing the obligation to file a Petition to Stop Support Payment with the court. Since most support obligations are paid via wage assignment, a party who fails to notify the court that their obligation is due to terminate, runs the risk of overpaying on their support obligation. Furthermore, the court will not require the person who was overpaid to refund any monies for the overpayment.

Get Free Consultation